Hi, All! — On the 3rd of February I had a total knee replacement of my right knee. In about eight weeks, I will have the other knee done. I anticipate going up north during June for the pink lady’s slippers (Cypripedium acaule). During the next couple of months, I will be checking in occasionally. It is too hard to sit in a chair!
Plans for the WOFVA 2022 Native Plant, Tree and Shrub Sale
Our WOFVA Plant Sale will be held in May 2022, but it may look more like last year’s sale. We are focusing on orders and will decide in April about holding a public sale on Saturday, May 21. So, we hope to have an over-the-counter native-plants sale at $7.00, but order everything you need to have and just be able to round out. We will watch the Covid-19 details.
- Orders must be placed by Thursday, March 31.
- Order pickup will be May 21 or before.
- Plant prices are $6.50 per pot. Some are $13.
- If you order a tray of 12 plants of the same species, the tray price is $66.
- A discounted price for not-for-profit organizations is available.
- We will not offer “Collections” this year. Instead, the order form lists “Donna’s Recommendations” — groupings of plants to fit specific needs.
- “Donna’s Recommendations” can help you decide which plants to order. You can mix and match the species, which are organized by category to fit your garden: Short Stature, Shade, Tall Butterfly, Butterfly/Bird, Sunny Rain Garden, and Early Nectar.
As we did in 2021, we will plan order-pickup times to provide safe conditions for both our volunteers and the people picking up their orders. That may mean staggered hours or additional dates for pickups to avoid crowding.
We always need volunteers. Watch for emails explaining what kinds of help will be needed for setup during the week prior to the order pickup date. If you have questions, contact Pat Filzen at email@example.com or Dick Filzen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-901-9544.
Help us spread the word about native plants and natural landscaping by encouraging your friends and family to place an order. The order form can be found on our website at foxvalleyarea.wildones.org. Please download and share it widely!
Donna VanBuecken, Project Coordinator