We are excited to announce the topics for the 2019 Monarch Conservation Webinar Series! The Monarch Joint Venture (MJV) is again partnering with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service National Conservation Training Center to put on another year full of informative and inspiring webinars on all things monarch.
Starting in February, webinars will be held live on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 2 PM Eastern Time. (Plus a bonus webinar in March!) The November and December dates have been moved to avoid conflicting with major holidays. Each webinar will be recorded and available here for later viewing as well.
Check out the webinar titles and dates below, and click on a title to register!
- February 26th – Western Monarch Population Down by 99%: How You Can Help
- March 19th – Monarch Butterfly Population Modeling with Dr. Chip Taylor (Bonus webinar!)
- March 26th – Monarchs in a Web of Life: Predators, Parasites and Disease with Dr. Karen Oberhauser and Dr. Sonia Altizer
- April 23rd – Integrated Monarch Monitoring Program: Tools for Researchers, Conservation Professionals, and Citizen Scientists
- May 28th – Why Pollinator Habitat Makes Sense on Your Land: Maximizing the Potential of Working Acres
- June 25th – Monarchs and Social Science
- July 23rd – How to Plant for Success: the Trials and Triumphs of Establishing Pollinator Habitat
- August 27th – Urban Monarch Butterfly Conservation
- September 24th – Engagement and Education with Monarchs
- October 22nd – Lessons from Roadside Management for Monarchs
- November 19th – Trinational Monarch Conservation Science Updates
- December 17th – The Florida Monarch Population
We look forward to sharing this great series with you! Thank you for joining us.
Reprinted with permission from the MJV e-newsletter dated 1-28-2019.