Date(s) - 03/07/2018 - 03/08/2018
- Garden and Landscape Design
- Invasive Plant Species
- Native Plants
- Natural Landscaping
- Trees & Shrubs
ELA Conference – Sustaining the Living Landscape
Looking for New Ideas? Solutions? Inspiration?
From the practical to the applicable, join us in March for the 24th Annual ELA Conference & Eco-Marketplace at the UMass Campus Center, Amherst, MA. Immerse yourself in a two-day exploration of ecological concepts as our speakers share their experiences and expertise. Delve into this year’s wide-ranging topics as we look at the principles and practices we need to design, build, and restore the living landscape.
March 7 includes:
• Two full-day workshops:
Designing for Carbon Sequestration and
Maximizing Landscape Productivity and Potential
• Keynote address: Landscape Design as Ecological Art
Professor Darrel Morrison, FASLA, ecologically-based landscape architect
March 8 features:
• Creating wildlife habitat in urban areas
• Exploring how weeds add to urban ecology – do weeds have value??
• Mimicking nature’s patterns and processes in the designed landscape
• Restoring ecosystems with a permaculture approach
• Designing with our intuitive side
• And much, much more!
Increase your knowledge, build professional networks, and visit the Eco-Marketplace to learn what ecological products and services are available to help you grow your business
Discount on Conference Hotel
Hotel rooms at Hotel UMass are available to participants for $115 per night. Reservations will be taken no later than February 25, 2018. Register online or call (877) 822-2110 and specify the ELA group promotional code: ELC18C. The discount is NOT available at check-in.